How many individual membership categories are there?
GCC BDI has 3 individual membership categories: Associate, Member and Fellow.
Each membership category has different benefits and eligibility criteria. You can find information about the benefits and eligibility criteria here.
I want to join the GCC BDI. How do I become a member?
- The first step you need to take to join us is by attending either a full-day or 2-days workshop. AFTER you attend one of our workshops, you will automatically become an Associate at no extra cost.
- Once you become an Associate, you may then apply to become a Member. This a more advanced membership category with further & exclusive membership benefits.
- The Fellow membership is by invitation only. However, if you wish to be considered for our senior membership category, please contact the membership team at email@example.com
Are there any membership eligibility criteria I need to meet to become an Associate, Member or Fellow of the GCC BDI?
Yes, the membership criteria are as follows:
ASSOCIATE – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- A person interested in the promotion of good corporate governance; and
- Has been in business for a minimum of 5 years; and
- Holds the post of board director or C-suite executive or senior manager or board secretary or governance professional or trustee or professor in one of the following types of organizations:
- Publicly-listed company with a market capitalisation above US$1,000,000
- Government-owned entity with annual revenues above US$1,000,000
- Privately-owned company with annual revenues above US$1,000,000
- Sovereign wealth fund, other large investment fund or pension fund
- Recognised academic institution
- Large not-for-profit organisation with proven track record
MEMBER – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Individuals should either:
- Already be an Associate and apply to become a Member; AND
- Is a Board director or C-suite executive or senior manager or board secretary or governance professional or trustee or professor with 5+ years of experience in that role;
- Has successfully achieved the level of Certified Director** or Certified Board Secretary**
** Certification must be attained from a recognised and bona fide body or institute
FELLOW – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Individuals should either:
- Already be a Member; AND
- Has been a board director or C-suite executive or board secretary or governance professional or trustee or professor with 10+ years of experience in that role;
- Has successfully achieved the level of Chartered Director** or Chartered Secretary**
** Chartership must be attained from a recognised and bona fide body or institute.
Please note that GCC BDI reserves the right, at its discretion, to admit any individual to a workshop, and consequently as an Associate, or to the category of Member or Fellow, whom it believes has the requisite seniority and status to become one, even if they may not strictly meet the above stated criteria.
What are the membership fees?
No cost. AFTER you attend one of our workshops, you will automatically become an Associate at no extra cost.
|Membership Year Term||MEMBER|
GCC BDI Certified Director/Certified Secretary or Diploma Graduate
|1 year||USD 300||USD 250||USD 250|
|2 years||USD 500||USD 350||USD 350|
|3 years||USD 700||USD 400||USD 400|
|Membership Year Term||FELLOW|
|1 year||USD 750||USD 500|
|2 years||USD 1200||USD 800|
|3 years||USD 1750||USD 1200|
Please note that the fees above are exclusive of VAT and any other taxes which may apply.
What are the membership benefits?
Each membership category has their own membership benefits. Please see below a table of all membership benefits by category.
To find full information by each membership benefit, please go to our membership benefits page here.
What are the workshops which will allow me to join GCC BDI?
Please see below some of the workshops which will allow you to become an Associate:
- GCC BDI Certified Board Secretary Programme workshops
- GCC BDI Certified Board Directors Programme Workshops
- Corporate Culture and Business Ethics - The Tone at the Top workshop
- Risk Oversight - The Role of the Board workshop
- Strategic Thinking workshop
- Foundations of Directorship workshop
You can also to go our events page HERE and filter our events 'Tags' by choosing 'Eligible for Associate membership'.
For full details on eligible workshops, please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have attended an online tutorial/networking event/webinar/member’s event. Will these events allow me to join as an Associate?
Half-day workshops or networking events are not eligible for the Associate membership. You must attend either a full-day or 2-days workshop.
I cannot attend a full day or 2-day workshop. Is there another way I can join the GCC BDI?
If you have successfully achieved the level of Certified Director or Certified Board Secretary from a recognised and bona fide body or institute, you may be eligible to become a Member. Please contact the membership team at email@example.com for more information.
I am already an Associate. How do I become a Member?
You can apply to become a Member by completing the membership upgrade application form here.
Once you apply, we will review the application and give you further instructions by email.