GCC BDI Other Events
Marcus Evans Conference: 12th Annual Board Secretary conference in collaboration with GCC BDI as a Event Partner.
Jane Valls to speak at 12th Annual Board Secretary conference in Dubai
GCC BDI’s Executive Director, Jane Valls, will be speaking at Marcus Evans’ 12th Board Secretary conference on the topic ‘The Board Secretary: The Governance Professional’. In this session, Jane will discuss: the main principles of good corporate governance systems; the board secretary’s role within the corporate governance framework; board dynamics at meetings; leading change and influencing; and the key challenges of the board secretary role.
The 12th Annual Board Secretary conference, which is organised by Marcus Evans and runs from 7–9 April 2020 in Dubai, is a platform that connects the region’s major industry players with decision makers across all sectors to discuss innovations and trends that will shape the future of board secretaries.
Key topics that will be discussed at the three-day conference include:
• Aligning the board with data governance through communication and strategic planning
• Reviewing steps towards governing executive and non-executive board members
• Fraud control
• Turning stakeholder scrutiny to your best advantage
The conference will offer high-level keynote speakers and engaging panel discussions with top tier decision-makers, so please do feel free to join for new insights on building and creating your own boardroom success stories. Speakers include:
• Jim Hughes, Asst Group Company Secretary - HSBC, UK
• Alissa Amico, Managing Director - GOVERN, France
• John Sadler, Asst Company Secretary - Glaxosmithkline (GSK), UK
• Paul Dubal, Senior Vice-President, Head of Corporate Governance - First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB), UAE
• Jane Valls, Executive Director - GCC Board of Directors Institute, UAE
For more information, click here
To view the full agenda or find out how you can participate inquire with email@example.com