Are you a Non-Finance Executive or Board Director who would like to improve your understanding of Finance? Would you like to improve your decision making, demystify the financial accounts and be better able to analyse financial data? Would you like to better understand shareholder value, company valuation, risk and return and financial performance measures?
Most decisions in an organization depend on financial data and some financial acumen, so improving your financial skills is essential for all senior executive and board positions.This is a series of 5 online live tutorials. All modules will include practical work to be completed before the tutorial. There will be two weeks in between each module to allow for learning and for some light tasks to be completed before the next one.You can decide to take all 5 tutorials or to pick and choose. For details of all 5 tutorials, please find the full programme here. You can also find all the details on our website, here. If you decide to pre-purchase all 5 tutorials, there is a 25% discount - please contact us at email@example.com for more information.If you wish to book individual tutorials, please register on the appropriate event page.
For the tutorial on 17 September, please find the details below, and the link for registration above.
Date: 17 September 2020
Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (KSA Time)
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (UAE Time)
Fee: US$ 250 for Non-Members
US$ 237 for Associates
US$ 220 for Members
US$ 190 for Fellows
Rates above are exclusive of VAT and effective as at 17 May 2020
For KSA and Bahrain participants who are not VAT registered, please note that GCC BDI will be responsible for paying the appropriate VAT on your behalf. We will therefore apply an amount equal to the VAT to your invoice.
Key takeaways from this tutorial: Finance and Accounting
- More complex financial statements
- Reading the full Annual Report
- Time value of money
- Cost of capital and strategic capital allocation
- Risk and return
- Time Value of money
- Assessing Capital Projects (NPV, IRR)
Who is this series designed for:
- Non-finance executives
- Non-finance board directors
What you will learn from the 5 tutorials:
- Fundamental and practical finance and accounting basics and how to apply them to your organization
- Understanding of key financial statements
- How to analyse company accounts and company performance
- Understand company valuation, risk and return, key performance measures
- Best practices of financial management best practices
- Use discounted cash-flow principles and net present value (NPV) techniques to perform successful project appraisals.
- Understand Financial Ratios and its implications in various decisions.
- Understand what is Working Capital Management
- Make informed, valuable contributions to board-level discussions with new expertise and a deeper understanding of financial reports.
- Develop the critical finance skills to accurately identify future problems – and successfully exploit new opportunities
Senior GCC BDI External Associate
Jean Pousson is a Senior GCC BDI External Associate with over 30 years of board and management consultancy, board evaluation, training, facilitation and coaching experience, working across more than 30 countries. He is also a lead trainer for the IOD UK, following a 15-year banking career with Barclays where he spent many years assessing the risks of small to medium sized businesses and then larger corporations. Jean has also sat on many boards and has directed a number of change initiatives.
Jean works with boards on board evaluations, strategic health checks as well as various training and consultancy services for an international client base. In a typical year Jean will work with over 600 directors and about 8 to 10 boards. He is a regular contributor to strategy and finance programmes run by UK The Institute of Directors and also with Vistage ,the San Diego based network of global CEO’s.
Jean has a B.Comm degree from the University of Witwatersrand (South Africa), is a Chartered Member of The Institute of Bankers in South Africa (CAIBSA), has a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration from The University of Warwick,and holds the Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction from the UK IOD.
Certificates and CPD points
All participants will receive a GCC BDI e-Certificate of participation for each tutorial and each tutorial will qualify for 2 CPD points